About the Northrop Grumman/Navy Site

The Northrop Grumman (Grumman) manufacturing facility, comprised of approximately 635 acres, was acquired by the Grumman Corporation in the early 1930’s. The United States Navy (Navy) owned 105 of the total property. The Navy leased its property and buildings to Grumman for research and manufacturing purposes. Grumman used its property for various military manufacturing purposes. The company developed and manufactured Navy fighter planes and amphibious landing craft from the 1930’s up to the end of World War II.

Latest News

Bethpage Water District meets with elected officials

9/29/2017

Image may contain: 8 people, people standing

 

Bethpage Water District Superintendent Michael Boufis, U.S. Senator Chuck Schumer, U.S. Secretary of the Navy Richard Spencer, along with other members of Bethpage Water District, South Farmingdale Water District and Massapequa Water District greet the press after an afternoon of discussion on the Navy/Grumman plume. The Senator and Mr. Secretary toured Bethpage's Plant 6 on Park Lane in an effort to implore our elected officials for help in our everyday effort to provide clean water to our residents and to look at the bigger picture of remediating the plume.

Back